Summer Scholarship . Moore College of Art
BFA Graphic Design . The University of the Arts
2013 KEYSTONE PRESS AWARD: Graphic/ Photo Illustration. 1st place
2012 PENNSYLVANIA NEWSPAPER ASSOCIATION: Advertising Excellence. 1st place
2012 PENNSYLVANIA NEWSPAPER ASSOCIATION: Design and Layout. 1st place
2008 KEYSTONE PRESS AWARD: Front Page Design. 1st place
2007 PENNSYLVANIA NEWSPAPER ASSOCIATION: Design and Layout. 1st place
2007 SOCIETY OF PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS: Tabloid Page Design. 1st place
SENIOR BRANDING / MARKETING DESIGNER: DREAMLINE SHOWER DOORS. 2015 - ONGOING
At DreamLine, I have had the pleasure to handle many different creative tasks, including:
- Ongoing corporate brand revitalization.
- Illustration and 3D development of digital product photos and presentations.
- Product environment Illustration/Animation.
- Marketing campaigns for several major wholesalers, including Home Depot and Lowes.
ADVERTISING ART DIRECTOR: PHILADELPHIA CITY PAPER. 2006 - 2014
After a year withthe company, I was promoted to Senior Designer, and eventually Advertising Art Director. By working with the sales staff on all advertising, I helped win new clients with comprehensive advertising campaigns and spec projects. In addition to this, my work with special issue packages and cover illustrations helped increase readership and yearly publishing awards. Some of my most important accomplishments include:
- The opportunity create over 70 original covers, including 10 award-winning illustrations.
- Creating branding and materials for the 25th and 30th anniversary issue and connected events, seen all over Philadelphia and New Jersey.
- Taking lead on the full visual identity and marketing of The papers sold-out 2015 CITYGUIDE event.
- Being invited to develop an ad Campaign and online content for the 2007AAN (Association of Alternative Newsweeklies) annual exhibition for the film industry in Los Angeles.
- Received honorable mention from multiple sources, including the Philadelphia Anti-Casino coalition, for January 8th 2010 cover image.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER: ORTH RODGERS & ASSOCIATES. 2001 - 2003
While a senior in high-school, I was Hired as a design intern with this engineering/ city planning firm. Within a few months, I was promoted to a full-time Designer. As designer, I assisted in a variety of high-profile projects, including:
- The redesign of the Philadelphia street signs to better reflect the history and identity of the city.
- The Site-map prep for the Kimmel Center construction project. Construction logistics, traffic routing, and effective site use.
- Construction proposal maps for streets, and small business centers
INDEPENDENT DESIGNER/ PHOTOGRAPHER/ ILLUSTRATOR. 2001 - PRESENT
In addition to my daily work, I have always sought to hone my abilities by working with a wide variety of personal clients. Some of my reputable clients include:
- Lord & Taylor
- Real-estate companies like Re/Max, Prudential and Coldwell Banker.
- The Philadelphia Independent Film Festival
In addition to recognizable clients, I have had the privilege to provide illustrations and ads for successful local Philadelphia businesses and unique individuals. My personal work has helped open me up to Art exhibitions, charity events and a growing list of wonderful, interesting people
ART DIRECTOR / EVENTS PLANNER: NEVER ODD OR EVEN ENTERTAINMENT. 2005 - 2008
I served as co-founder of this Philadelphia-based independent theater company. Through writing, direction and design, I was able to increase the companies popularity with theater attendees, musicians and other artists and writers. Over three years we created three, often sold out original shows as well as numerous smaller events.
- Gawk. September2006 -June 2007. 1601 Cafe. South Philadelphia.
- Small Favors 2. May-April 2007. The Clay Studio. Old City, Philadelphia.
- AAN Convention. September 2008. Los Angeles, California.
- The Halloween Show. Oct 2009. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- The Hellboy Art Show. Dec 2009. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- The 90’s Show. June 2010. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- Made In America. June 2010. Trust Gallery. Old City, Philadelphia.
- The 80’s Toy Show. July 2010. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- The New Show. July 2010. 8/6 Gallery. San Jose, California.
- Turning Japanese. August 2010. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- The 3g Show. September 2010. Gallery 1988. Los Angeles, California.
- Video Game gore. October 2010. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- 8 bit Calavera. Ground Kontrol. Portland, Oregon
- Playtime. December 2010. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- Out 2 Dry. February 2011. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- The 3B Show. May 2011. Gallery 1988. Santa Monica, California.
- Shell Shock. June 2011. Brave New Worlds. Old City, Philadelphia.
- This is Our Time: A Goonies Art Show. June 2011. Lunar Boy Gallery. Astoria, Oregon.
- Dick Blick Features the Autumn Society. June 2011. Dick Blick. Philadelphia.
- Garbage Pail Kids. September 2011. Gallery 1988. Los Angeles, California.
- The Iconoclastic Dead. September 2011. Guru Gallery Shop. Mexico City, Mexico.
- Please Post Bills. November 2011. Gallery 1988. Santa Monica, California.
- Out To Dry 3. January 2012. Phantom Hand. South Street, Philadelphia.
- Is This Thing On? 2: The Weird Year. March 2012. Gallery 1988. Los Angeles, California.
- Futura: a Wes Anderson Tribute show. June 2012. Gallery 27. Chicago, Illinois.
- Fundraiser Show. June 2012. Wildlife Learning Center. Sylmar, California.
- American Hero. July 2012. Gallery 27. Chicago, Illinois.
- Crazy 4 Cult. August 2012. New York City, New York.
- Deck the Walls. December 2012. Manna Benefit. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The Mashup Show. January 2013. Gauntlet Gallery. San Francisco, California.
- Hellboy 20th Anniversary (featuring Creator Mike Mignola). April 2014. Hero Complex Gallery. Los Angeles, California.
- 8-Bit and Beyond 2. August 2014. Bottleneck Gallery. Brooklyn, New york.
- Turtles in Time: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 30th Anniversary Show. October 2014. Bottleneck Gallery. Brooklyn, NY.
- Friend of a Friend Street Mixer. February 2015. Tattooed Moms. Philadelphia, PA.
- The Monster Squad Art Show. September 2015. Creature Features. Burbank, CA.
- LV-426 Art Show. April 2016. Creature Features. Burbank, CA.
- Special Effects Part 2 (By Fuzzrocious Pedals). July 2016. The Acheron. Brooklyn, NY.
- Godzilla: All Art Attack 2. August 2016. Creature Features. Burbank, CA.
- The Power of Mattel (The 2nd Annual Mattel Art Show). September 2016. Gallery 1988 (West). Los Angeles, Ca.
- Special Effects 2.5. (by Fuzzrocious Pedals) November 2016. Boot & Saddle. Philadelphia, Pa.
- RESIST. June 4th - August 4th. Off-The-Wall Gallery at Dirty Franks. Philadelphia, PA.
- Mad Max: The Art of Rage. August 2017. Creature Features. Burbank, CA
- Through the Minds Eye: A Group Tribute to Stanley Kubrick. September 2017. Creature Features. Burbank, CA